Sunday, June 15, 2008

Down memory lane...

It was the start of rainy season. Rain gods were showering in a drizzle, making a statement of their arrival. I had completely submerged myself in the fury of nature only to be disturbed by my mother. "Son your class starts today". Within fraction of a second I glanced at my watch. It was already late. I stumbled for few seconds. It was an uneasy feeling for me as I didn’t had any hint as how my new class will be. I hurried myself by picking some blank notebooks and pushing it into my bag. I rode myself on a bike, making a way in those thick droplets of increasing intensity.

I was greeted in my new class by a rather morose teacher. She wore thick specks, had curly hair and had a wooden stick in her hand. For a moment I looked at the stick and thought “Will I end up beaten on the first day itself”. “Ohh well don’t get afraid of the stick dear, it’s never used to beat students”, my new teacher answered me with a smile.

As I entered the class I saw two students were busy replicating some notes in their books. They sat on a clean mat. The first student was a boy studying in 4th standard called as Rohan. The other was a girl in 7th standard. The girl Rekha had a slim personality yet had sturdy looks. She looked studious, a book worm. The boy was a witty kid. Only later I knew that both were brother and sister. Both looked towards me with great curiosity and were amazed with my lanky looks. We introduced ourselves and had a small chat.

I was getting accustomed to the new environment. My new teacher asked a few general questions to me and gave me a small assignment. I was busy working on my new assignment when a gorgeous girl emerged in the class. She wore a red colored Cinderella dress. Her hair was short which just managed to touch her shoulders. Her straight hairs were lined-up backwards. A red hair band added beauty to those hairs. Her eye brows were neatly aligned. She wore a beautiful smile on her face representing a trademark of the blessed personality. Her eyes were the one which caught my attention. That black pair of eyes were the source of attraction. For fraction of a second, I plunged myself into those beautiful pair of eyes.

She sat next to Rekha and had a small laugh with her. After couple of minutes, she introduced herself to me. “Hello I am Tejashri. You can call me Teju” and gave her trademark smile to me. Like her name she carried brightness, charm and sheer elegance. I was happy because we both were in the same standard. We worked on some small assignments and called it a day. We left the class. Rain had stopped and a gentle wind was blowing. We walked for a minutes after which our paths were going to be parted. We bid adieu to ourselves.

For the first time in my life I could hear my heart thump.

2 comments:

Keats said...

Ah... Now the rains are back. You'd probably want to pump up that heart a bit more, what say ;)

Priyaranjan Anand Marathe said...

nice one dude. made me remember my own days of rain.